I started out with an idea to love my friends with a small gift, #projectlove turned out to be a gift for my friends and for my own heart!
Adding a note to each #projectlove box was important. I wanted my friends to hear why I was grateful to have them in my life. At the time our book club was reading God-Sized Dreams by Holley Gerth. One of her chapters asks you write down your strengths. Our book club had the idea to tell each other the three words we would use to describe each other. I found a great tutorial for a hand embroidered card from Sublime Stitching. I used this card to tell them their words and to tell them why they are so special to me!
- card stock
- printer paper
- pencil or printer
- embroidery thread
- tape (optional)
- paper piercer (optional)
- Trace or print a cute “Thought Cloud” along with a message or simple image inside on your card stock.
- Use your needle (or paper piercing tool) to punch holes along the lines of your image.
- With a basic running stitch, embroider your image. Knotting the thread is not necessary and will add unwanted bulk to your card. Instead glue or tape down the ends of your thread.
- On your printer paper, print or hand write a note to your friend.
- Trace and then cut out a scallop edge on the printer paper.
- Fold both papers in half.
- Glue the printer paper to the inside of your card stock paper.
- Mail your card to a friend and brighten their day!
Do you have someone who needs to receive a special card, why not make one today? Go start your own #projectlove!