Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just a few snapshots...

My delivery went really well! Saturday morning we got to the hospital at 8:00am and they admitted me to my room by 8:30. We were waiting in my room for the nurse to come and finish my admittance and start my medicine for inducing. I was sitting there thinking, "What am I doing here?!?!? Who's brilliant idea was it to have another baby??? I am going to have to PUSH her out in just a few hours!!!! Am I CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!?!?" (Don't answer that!)

They started the medicine to induce me around 9:30 and then we just waited for a while. My doctor broke my water just before noon. At that point she asked me again if I wanted an epidural because now was the only time I would be able to get it since she knew my labor was going to go quickly now. I told her I didn't want one that I thought I would be fine. Within an hour I was feeling my contractions start to intensify. The contractions were coming every two to three minutes but I was still feeling okay. Around 1:30 I asked to have some pain medicine to help take the edge off of the contractions. This helped a lot and got me through the next hour. I do not understand why people enjoy getting pain killers, I felt so loopy for at least 20 minutes!

My doctor came to check on me just after 2:00. I was dilated to 8 but I was starting to feel an erge to push. She had me push through my next contraction to see if that helped with the pain, it did! That contraction wasn't that intense. She had me push through the next two contractions to see if that helped again and it did. Now keep in mind earlier that morning my nurse told me that a lot of times the doctor will have a patient do a "practice" push just to see where they are in the delivery. I kept waiting for her to tell me to stop and that I would be ready to push in an hour or so, NOT THE CASE!!! She had me keep pushing because the baby was coming! I didn't believe it til B said he could see the head. By that point I only had two more pushes and she was out! So after pushing for about 20 minutes Goldilocks was born at 2:46pm. Our recovery went well and now we are all adjusting to our new family of four.

Click on the little "quote" box next to the "yellow guy" to see the captions. I have a few more pictures I'll try to add later.

Andi and Brad have been married since 2002. They have five squishers who keep them on their toes. She is a second generation home educator. In her spare time Andi creates and sells handmade goodies in her shop, Andi Gould Designs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Andi, she is so sweet! Praise God for such a great labor. Isn't it amazing to hold both baby girls? Wow. Us Mommas love our girls, eh? :)


Thank you for stopping by today. I love hearing from you. Leave a comment and we can chat more!